Our Payment Options
From Gaps to Grins: How Dental Implants Can Transform Your Smile
Missing teeth gaps can undermine your oral health and confidence. The risks they pose, when left unmanaged, can be detrimental.
Infinite Smiles Dental Vic Park offers dental implants that can help restore your smile and oral health. With a wide range of dental implant treatments, our clinic in Victoria Park caters to diverse needs. Our dedicated team utilises cutting-edge dental technology for customised treatment plans, helping individuals regain a natural-looking smile.
Why Choose Infinite Smiles Dental Victoria Park
Level Up Your Smile with Vic Park's Trusted Dental Clinic
Take charge of your dental health. Book an appointment today at Infinite Smiles Dental Vic Park and experience compassionate and personalised dental care that you can trust.Book an Appointment
Crafting Smiles: Unveiling Our Dental Implants Services
Dental Implant Consultation
During your dental implant consultation, our experienced team will evaluate your oral health and discuss your goals. We’ll provide insights on implant dentistry options and the process and create a customised treatment plan to restore your smile and oral health.
Mastering the Art of Smile Restoration: Selecting the Right Dental Implant Candidate
Your Smile, Your Success: Identifying the Right Candidate for Dental Implants
A Game-Changer in Dental Care: Embracing the Revolutionary Benefits of Dental Implants
Invest in Your Smile, Invest in Your Well-being: Exploring the Transformative Benefits of Dental Implants
Frequently Asked Questions
The duration of the dental implant process at our dedicated implant clinic can vary. It usually includes stages of consultation, implant placement, healing period, and final placement of the crown or dental prosthesis. An average estimate is 3-6 months, depending on the complexity of your specific case. In addition, you may need pre-treatment procedures before receiving dental implants, which could extend the treatment timeline.
Implants for teeth generally have a high success rate, around 90%-95%. Your dental health, lifestyle, and implant maintenance play a significant role in the success of the treatment.
There are several alternative treatment options to teeth implants in Victoria Park, including:
- dental bridges: A dental bridge is a fixed appliance that replaces one or more missing teeth by attaching an artificial tooth (pontic) to adjacent natural teeth. It “bridges” the gap left by the missing tooth, restoring both function and appearance.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable appliances that replace multiple missing teeth or a full arch of teeth. They are made of a pink acrylic base that resembles gum tissue and artificial teeth. Dentures can restore the ability to bite and chew properly and improve the appearance of a smile.
Your competent dentist can guide you through these options during your consultation.
The healing process following your dental implants in Victoria Park procedure can vary, but it can take three to six months. This period allows the implant to integrate with your bone, providing a solid foundation for your new tooth. Note that the healing period varies individually and can be affected by different factors, such as oral health, smoking habits, bone quality and density, overall health, and immune system.
The dental implant procedure usually involves the following:
- Initial consultation: You meet with your dentist to discuss your dental health, evaluate your eligibility for dental implants, and address any concerns or questions you may have.
- Planning: Your dentist will perform a comprehensive examination, which may include dental X-rays, scans, and impressions. This information helps in creating a customised treatment plan for your dental implants.
- Implant placement: Before the surgical procedure, anaesthesia will be administered and the dentist will make a small incision in the gum tissue at the designated implant site. This exposes the underlying jawbone, providing access for the implant placement. The dentist will create a small hole or channel in the jawbone at the precise location where the implant will be inserted. Then, the dental implant, usually made of titanium, is placed into the jawbone. This serves as a substitute for the tooth root and provides a stable foundation for the replacement tooth or dental prosthesis. After the implant is placed, the gum tissue is carefully stitched back together.
- Healing period: After implant placement, a healing period is necessary for osseointegration, the process in which the implant fuses with the jawbone. This period can take several months, allowing the implant to become secure and stable.
- Abutment Placement: Once the healing period is complete, an abutment is attached to the implant. This acts as a connector between the implant and the replacement tooth or dental prosthesis.
- Placement of crown or dental prosthesis: A crown, bridge, or denture is then placed on the abutment, restoring the appearance and function of the missing tooth or teeth.
Although teeth implants in Vic Park mimic natural teeth, minor adjustments may be needed in your oral care routine. Your gentle dentist will provide detailed care instructions for the longevity of your dental implants.
While dental implants themselves are not susceptible to decay, the surrounding gum tissue and remaining natural teeth still require regular care. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss daily. Consider using interdental brushes, water flossers, or floss threaders to clean around the implant crown and abutment. Using an antimicrobial mouthwash can help reduce bacterial buildup and promote healthy gums. Lastly, maintain regular dental check-ups and cleanings. Your dentist will monitor the health of your implants, clean hard-to-reach areas, and provide professional guidance on maintaining oral hygiene.
Remember, the dedicated team at our clinic is here to guide you through your dental implant journey. Schedule an appointment with our compassionate dentists for a comprehensive consultation.